Operations Manager | Transport - Wards Transport is seeking a Transport and Logistics operations manager.
The premise of the role is to ensure the crucial Linehaul operations are run smoothly and that deadlines are met and that trailers are optimised. Key responsibilities include the following:
* Rostering fulltime and casual labour as required
* Working in line with company budgets and targets
* Supervise loading, ensuring efficiency and safety
* Provide training and development as required
* Ensure trailers are loaded within allocated times for despatch
* Arrange Linehaul transfers between depots
The ideal candidate comes from a Distribution Management or Transport Management role where they are responsible for loading and timely release of despatch. This business offers a strong and stable working environment with the opportunity to grow and develop over time, this position is core to business success and is available straight away.
Company: Wards Transport
Requirements: * Strong problem solving skills with the ability to adapt and change
* Highly developed interpersonal skills
* Ability to lead and delegate
* Experience with conflict resolution and negotiation skills
* Load planning and optimisation skills
Jobs in Queensland > Secretaries - Administrative Assistants in Queensland > Operations Manager | Transport